What Type of Vents are these?

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveC1

Reaction score
These vents are on the outside of a kitchen. We are concerned that vermin can go up inside of them. If we could identify them, maybe we could seal them off....thanks in advance for any tips.

Attachments

• IMG_20230716_204020 2.jpg
    IMG_20230716_204020 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 55

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it has gas cook top on an island then the gas comes down that wall under the slab (inside a pvc or abs drain pipe typicaly) and under neath the cook top on the island. the 90 you see is coming of a san tee to allow any gas that leaks to vent outside the building. thats my best guess

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If you have a down draft hood, then Jeff is right on! The age of the hood looks like was used. May have been abandoned with an electric range.

is there a basement or crawl space?

1692756789134.jpeg

DaveC1

Reaction score
If it has gas cook top on an island then the gas comes down that wall under the slab (inside a pvc or abs drain pipe typicaly) and under neath the cook top on the island. the 90 you see is coming of a san tee to allow any gas that leaks to vent outside the building. thats my best guess
Thanks Bro....I think there is a cook top on an island....let me check....thanks again, Dave

DaveC1

Reaction score
What's on the other side of the wall? That piece of metal under it to divert water?
Thanks for your note. Kitchen on the other side of wall. It appears to be a vent from an island grill. Not sure which metal you are referring to. Thanks again, Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks