What to do when tools just won't fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cephus

Reaction score
Get a brand new 3/4 inch wood chisel and a hammer and go to work on it. Tap it in the ccw direction any way you can until it either turns or splits. Avoid the iron pipe threads. At some point the nut will break, crack, or otherwise give you an opening to peel the sucker off the iron pipe. Remember it's a sacrificial chisel, and if you ruin it , it's cheaper than me driving over there from Atlanta to do it for you. Way cheaper.

That's essentially what I ended up doing, although without the chisel. I split the nut and could unscrew it with repeated hammer blows on a screwdriver shoved into the slot.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When you connect the new drain, you need a brass "trap adapter" screwed on to the pipe and the trap slid through it and the slip nut tightened on the trap arm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks