What size wire for a 230 volt 20 amp breaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Old a/c units, like old refrigerators, can continue to work for a long time, but that does not mean new ones aren't often VERY much more efficient. As energy use goes up, the cost to keep these old things around becomes somewhat counter-productive.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Old a/c units, like old refrigerators, can continue to work for a long time, but that does not mean new ones aren't often VERY much more efficient. As energy use goes up, the cost to keep these old things around becomes somewhat counter-productive.

Maybe those extra amps after 40+ years is far more energy efficient than the Chinese and Mexican crapola units with the aluminum condensers that are fan cooled and buried underneath, [refrigerators] filled to the brim with dog hair and fuzz balls that no human in the USA ever thinks to clean with some non existent tool. I have a 55 year old Fridgidare with a beautiful full back copper coil - no hair balls- that you still can't hear running, and no dent in the meter. A new door gasket would be nice.

First thing I did with my chest freezers was to bypass the thermostats and let them run full time. I get -30' F and my meat is good after 7 years. Compressors last longer too - the CSV of freezers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks