What size pressure tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin_Meyers

Reaction score
The tank on my mothers well is water logged. It's 40 years old, so time for a new one. The existing tank is (I think) about 80 gallon size, not sure how much water it holds. But the well water is only used for irrigation, she also has 2500 gallon non-pressure tanks that feed the pressure tank. The water doesn't go into the house, it's not potable. Does she still need an 80 gallon tank? Is a smaller and less expensive tank better justified?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
An 80 gallon pressure tank only holds 20 gallons of water. Your water comes from the pump, storage tank, well, but not the pressure tank. The only reason for a pressure tank is to limit the times a pump cycles on and off to supply the water you need. If you have a Cycle Stop Valve to limit the cycling, you only need a 4.5 gallon size tank. The PK1A kit with the CSV1A Cycle Stop Valve and 4.5 gallon size tank will replace a big pressure tank and do a much better job.

See it here. https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/pk1a-pside-kick

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks