Well Tank Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveS9157

Reaction score
My well tank is starting to leak in a few spots because of rust. As you can see, the tank is an older style air-over-water tank, and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. I'd rather do a direct replacement for now instead of upgrading to a bladder style.

Any ideas? I'm in CT if that matters.

Attachments

• 20231211_121844.jpg
    20231211_121844.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 31

Bannerman

Reaction score
Is there an iron or manganese or sulfur odor issue?

Captive pressure tanks (equipped with a flexible diaphragm) are now usually the preferred choice over a hydropneumatic pressure tank, but when there is any of the issues mentioned, then the direct contact with the air within a hydropneumatic tank, will often be utilized to oxidize the ferrous metals, thereby converting them to a ferric state whereby then can then be removed by filtration.

If there is no iron, manganese or sulfur issue, or when other treatments are utilized to correct those issues, consider updating and upgrading your well system with a Cycle Stop Valve PK1-A Pside-kick Pressure Tank kit which will likely be comparable or less cost than a replacement hydropneumatic tank.

CSV PK1-A kit

CSV Interactive Animation

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks