Well cover

Users who are viewing this thread

lando

Reaction score
I have a 2 ft well and its far from the house with no electric other than the wire ran underground to the well. I really dont want to splice into that wire, with hat being said i would like some op ions on how to insulate the pipes coming out of the well into the ground? the ones in the ground are below frost line so they are fine, Im more worried about the lines from casing to the ground that are showing. I was going to build a plywood box and insulate it and put it over the well and put foam pipe insulation on the pipe it self. Anyone have any other ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
Consider XPS or EPS insulation for your insulated box. Those are not bothered by moisture. You want to insulate the pipe entering the ground to keep that pipe from freezing on its way down to the frost line.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like VA says a pitless is best. Heat tapes, portable heaters, even a heat lamp will work as long as you have power. But usually the power goes off at the worst time and it still freezes. Also got to be careful, especially with a heat light not to burn the place down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks