Wayne Jet Pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigmike

Reaction score
Recently bought a 1/2 h.p. Wayne Shallow Well Pump. This thing pumps like crazy! HOWEVER... the Motor has developed a "Binding Problem". It will work well, then stick! The Motor will just hummmm, till the Overlaod kicks it off.
I've notice if you tap on the end of the Motor, it will free up and run! As soon as the weather breaks, I intend to pull it off the tank and return it to the store for repair/replacement! :mad: :confused:

Raucina

Reaction score
Probably the start switch is sticking or has a bad spring. If you pull the rear cover and see an assembly on the shaft with springs and hinged weights, give it a shot of Wd 40 , clean it out and work the mechanism - it actuates a contact point. Dont forget to turn off the breaker first.

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
Most of the Wayne jet pump motors I have seen have all the centrifugal switches, starting capacitors, etc., behind the rear bearing housing. This means you would have to disassemble the motor to check it. I don't think the pump would be worth it.
Ron

Bigmike

Reaction score
Big Mike

Thanks Fellas, for your replies! The fellow at the Hardware Store where I bought it said pretty much the same thing about the starter switch. He told me to bring her back in and he would look at it. Kind of agrivating, as the pump is in a crawl space, and hard to work on there!:(

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
If it difficult to work on, you might want to consider something besides a Wayne. You might check at that hardware, too, because Wayne parts usually have to come from the factory, which means they are not readily available.
Ron

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks