Waterfall shower head on sloped ceiling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Killacam311

Reaction score
I'm wondering what the best way to finish a waterfall shower arm which will be installed on a sloped ceiling. I needed to slope the ceiling because it is a steam shower, but now I can't find a flange/escutcheon online that seems to articulate or have some ability to be on a sloped ceiling with a vertical pipe drop. Anybody have any experience or advice?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
About any escutcheon will work. I'm not understanding what the problem is. Screw the drop ear 90 in the wall at whatever angle you want and pipe to it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
nipple shouldn't be plumb, it should be 90 degrees to the ceiling then hopefully the head has swivel to it

Last edited by a moderator:

Killacam311

Reaction score
nipple shouldnt be plumb, it should be 90 degrees to the cieling then hopefully the head has swivel to it
Thanks Jeff - so this is more of the standard way of installing? I couldn't wrap my head around the rough-in at the left, but what you say makes sense on the right? I suppose I can add some blocking in the ceiling for support and just get a swivel and call it good?

Attachments

• waterfall head rough in.png
    waterfall head rough in.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 266

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think so check your shower parts You probably need a rainhead that has a sort of a swivel that lets it adjust as a regular head does . but verify your parts

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks