water softener discharge line help

Users who are viewing this thread

hudsonv845

Reaction score
I replaced my existing water softener in my basement (which has no floor drain or sewer pipes). Whoever installed the previous unit for the former home owners ran polyethelyne line up to the ceiling and clamped it to a 90 degree bent copper pipe, which goes through the wall of the house and into another black cvpc line which seems to go to a dry well. At some time the hose clamp near the wall leaked and damaged the wood. I would like to replace the line and need help. The line must have a I.D. of at least 1/2". I was thinking of using PEX but from what I hear from Sharkbite, I can't use their push-to-fit connectors for any "drain" application. The existing PE line is in good shape, but is too short, as it had too many clamps. The copper "ell" seems to be corroded near the old leak, so I don't know if the salt water that was leaking was to blame. I'm willing to run any kind of flexible or ridged pipe, but would like the connections to be as leak proof as possible. Also, I can't think of any type of material other than copper to go through the wall and make the 90 degree turn. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks