Water hardness

Users who are viewing this thread

Tex plumb

Reaction score
Have a client that has a 4 plex. Hard water that they have to replace faucets every so often. No garages so really no space for a softner. Heard about scale rx. Has anyone installed one by a meter to help with the water hardness? And if so any luck?

Reach4

Reaction score
You don't want to use soft water for watering.

In non-freezing areas, people do install softeners outdoors. The plastic stuff must be protected from the sun.

I don't know about "scale rx". If it is electric and does not use salt, and you expect it to soften or avoid deposits, I expect it is a hoax. There are people who are less skeptical than I.

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
Scale Rx does nothing to soften water, and does not claim to do so. It alleges that it will reduce limescale buildup. People who "believe" in it will swear it works.

Reach4

Reaction score
Scale Rx does nothing to soften water, and does not claim to do so. It alleges that it will reduce limescale buildup. People who "believe" in it will swear it works.
Sounds like "TAC". There is no test that can distinguish "treated" water from untreated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks