Waste pipe laundry tie in

Users who are viewing this thread

Susanne

Reaction score
Hi. I am redoing my waste lines. My bathroom and kitchen are on the main floor but my laundry and utility sink are in the basement. It has been brought to my attention that it is not to code to tie in laundry below the toilet. Makes sense. I would agree. The puzzle now... how do I plumb in the laundry?

I have attached my drawing. I realize that the laundry and sink in the basement can't attach there.

If anyone has some help for me, (other than moving my laundry upstairs) I would so greatly appreciate it.

Susanne
waste lines.jpeg

Susanne

Reaction score
I am now seeing that a toilet cannot be installed upstream of any "wet vented" fixture. So, if I find a way to dry vent down below, does that solve the problem? Is it possible to dry vent a laundry?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Dry venting is always good. Revents are at 42" above the floor of the fixtures served. (six inches above flood level or more)
You can't wet vent a laundry.
If you can't run vents out, you may want to look at AAV's.
Your sizing looks okay.

Susanne

Reaction score
Dry venting is always good. Revents are at 42" above the floor of the fixtures served. (six inches above flood level or more)
You can't wet vent a laundry.
If you can't run vents out, you may want to look at AAV's.
Your sizing looks okay.

Thanks, Terry! That is helpful. So, I am understanding that if I properly dry vent the laundry and utility sink, there should be no problem with having it downstream of the toilet. I'm pretty sure that I can run vent pipes as opposed to installing AAVs. I will redraw my plan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks