Want to tie into washing machine drain

Users who are viewing this thread

L-Gordo

Reaction score
In my basement I currently have a 2" ABS pipe coming out of floor to approximate height of washing machine. I would like to move my kitchen sink in my kitchen to directly above this pipe. Question is what do I need to do to do this I will have the wall open and ceiling open as well I installed a 3" vent pipe into roof when I reshingled can I just tee off at floor and run p-trap and pipe up for washer and run up with 1-1/2" ABS to kitchen sink and continue out to new roof vent? Thanks for adding me to group and hope this is somewhat right. I live in southern Alberta, Canada by the way

Reaction score
Thanks for joining and posting the forums.

With many new members looking for advice and answers, be reminded that good photos and illustrations always invite an audience that can give faster replies that are less generalized and more suited to your exact needs.

Try to provide at least two photos. Include a closeup of the attention area so we can identify fine details, and include one zoomed out so we can see the rest of the room and things nearby, adjacent areas, floors underneath. Use a black marker to write on blue painter's tape or bright colored Post-It's to mark areas of interest, there is no need to modify your photos with fancy text overlays. Take as many photos as you can, choose the best ones that are clear.

Do include diagrams. A scan or photo of a hand drawn illustration done quick on paper is usually easier for most to create than trying to make one in a computer app. We don't need architect schematics, just something simple to help us understand your project.

Make sure your location is in your member profile, this tells us where you are so other members here with experience in your area may give you specific recommendations that may apply to your seasonal weather conditions and state code.

While waiting for replies, please make some effort and take the opportunity to search these forums extensively, it is likely that many in the past had your similar issue, and you may find solved solutions quicker than the many days it can sometimes take for you to get answers you want.

As you solve your problem to finish, kindly please follow up on this same thread you created and update your progress, so future members with your same problem can see that this may also be used to help them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks