Vintage Tub Faucet ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Hurst

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but I believe this tub plumbing is original to the house which was built in the late 1940's. I cannot find anything that matches it exactly. The tub drain has the remnants of an "American Standard" stamp on it, but I found out that it's not the American Standard Renu faucet that hard way. Can anyone identify this stem? Thread OD is 0.81 inches and the stem is 7/16" 22 spline. The hardware looks very similar to the Renu hardware which is what lead me down the wrong path to start. I'm not seeing anything with a bell shaped end. It has valve seats that are still in the faucet, so no barrel.

Any help is much appreciated!

stem2.jpg
stem1.jpg
stem3.jpg

Hurst

Reaction score
Did some more digging and it looks like these may be Scoville stems? But all the replacements show 12 or 16 point stems and I'm 95% sure these are 22 point.

Hurst

Reaction score
Thank you for the help! Who makes that replacement part?

Thank you again!

Hurst

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is the company that makes the parts. They sell only through plumbing wholesalers. Call and ask for a distributor in your area.

Barry E. Walter Sr. Company
2550 E. Platte Ave
Fort Morgan, CO 80701
Phone: 970-867-3858
Toll Free: 800-767-5552

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks