Vapor behind Kerdi Board?

Users who are viewing this thread

N

Nick360

Hello,

I'm getting around to doing a remodel in my upstairs shower using the Schluter System. This is my first restroom shower DIY so had couple of questions before I start. The shower framing is against a closet on the other side if I decide to put some fiberglass insulation before the Kerdi Board does it need to have a vapor barrier? I did the demo work today, and didn't see any vapor barrier but wanted to make sure it's not needed before I start closing the walls. Open to suggestions, and tips for the Schluter System.

Thanks,

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kerdi Board is a vapor barrier, so you don't want a second vapor barrier, i.e. you want unfaced fiberglass. Although if you are insulating for sound, mineral wool might be a better choice.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks