valvex faucet cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

sysiphus

remodeler/handyman
Reaction score
Website
www.aishomeservices.com
Recently had to replace a kitchen faucet for a customer because it was leaking from the cartridge, and I could not find a replacement. The faucet itself was high quality brass and stainless steel, however I could find no identifying name or number. The cartridge has the word "valvex" and a date on it. The plumbing supply guy was stumped. I did find a Polish Valvex faucet company on the net, but they would not answer my email- much to my great grandmothers horror I speak almost no Polish.

Anyone heard of Valvex or know where I can get a replacement?:confused:

Thanks

JohnnyM

sysiphus

remodeler/handyman
Reaction score
Website
www.aishomeservices.com
pics of the faucet

attached are two photos of the faucet and one of the cartridge. As I said, it is pretty solid, the sprayer is metal, not chromed plastic ( like the one I put in it's place). Apologies for my photo taking skills. I resized em to pretty small for the dialer-uppers.

Look familiar to anyone? Owner thinks it came from Home Expo Design (ick!) maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

Attachments

• cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 545
  • faucet1.jpg
    faucet1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 493
  • faucet 2.jpg
    faucet 2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 434

JMEDGAR

Reaction score
Website
starcraftcustombuilders.com
Far to late to benefit the original inquirer. But here is the answer:
Valvex stem cartridges are manufactured in Poland by Valvex, SA a Meridian company that manufactures upscale faucets for Graff (also a Meridian company). Valvex is one of the very few faucet manufacturers that make their own stem cartridges, and by all accounts, a good one. It does not manufacture mixing cartridges for single-handle faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks