Using R22000 as 3-function diverter. Did my plumber cap off the correct outlet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cckriss

Reaction score
cckriss-01.jpg

I’m using a R22000 as a 3 way diverter. The directions and the red tag says to cap #3 outlet off (the right side). My plumber capped off the left side. Is this a big deal? What can happen.

I am using it for a shower head and a handheld shower

Thanks

delta-diverter-pic.jpg

delta-multichoice-diverter2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Presumably you could install a 6-function cartridge and just end up with extra useless settings?

Cheers, Wayne

Cckriss

Reaction score
Can you still change it? The 3-way caps the right side.
Thanks. I will tell the plumber. I already bought the valve trim. If I were to keep it this way, the trim handle will probably have to be turned the wrong direction for it to function as I want.

Brittanynk

Reaction score
My plumber did the same thing but didn't realize until all tile was put in. I'm going to get a 6 way diverter. Did this solution work for you? Is there a way to stop the handle from going to the other 3 positions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks