Understanding Furnace Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Hello,
I have long lurked on here finally have a question I cant find. Recently had some leaking from Whole house humidifier. It leaked at the actually humidifier and seemed to leak at this drain. I turned off the humidifier for now until the it gets replaced.

Does this drain look setup correctly and could someone explain it.
Heat pump
Drain pipe goes under the furnace into the slab
The hose on top is connected to humidifier
20141202_190758.jpg
20141202_190632.jpg

Thanks in advance
Chris

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If somebody is draining dehumidifier water into the condensation drain, he will have a leak.

1. Is the black hose coming from the dehumidifier? If yes, re-route it and drain it somewhere else.
2. Redesign the pvc pipe to meet code, and if you don't know how to do it, call an a/c tech.

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Yes the black hose is from humidifier

I wasnt sure why the T coming off the furnace had one end covered with some sorta metal.
Also wasnt sure how water from that hose was actually getting into drain, almsot seems like it would force back to furnace?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks