Two wells one cistern

Users who are viewing this thread

patf10

Reaction score
I have two wells and currently only one is plumbed into my cistern with a coyote system. I have a second well that is also a low producing well. I would like to plumb it into my cistern as well. Is there a simple way I can have it cycle between the two pumps or do i need two complete systems?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
They make alternators that will switch from one pump to the other after each stop. But then you wear out both pumps at the same time. You can just use two different float switches set a few inches apart. That way the pump with the highest float switch is the only one to run unless the cistern gets really low. Once a month or so you can just turn off pump #1 for a day or two to exercise pump #2 and freshen the water in that pump system.

Cistern Storage Tank with JET Booster Pump (12).png

patf10

Reaction score
Thanks Valveman. My current well i run a coyote box and float. Think the best bet is to basically replicate that system?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks