Trip Lever Chain Fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Snow

Architect
Reaction score
I purchased three Toto Willingham toilets about ten years ago. They have been great. One minor problem was the rare instance when a flapper would get hung up after a flush. Chains were factory length on all three toilets and altering the length did not eliminate the problem. I'd find that the clip that connected the chain to the trip lever was hung up in the hole on the trip lever arm and turned horizontal instead of hanging vertically. This made the chain too short, not allowing the flapper to seat.

I found a way to eliminate the problem completely and this should work on any toilet with a long clip. Install the clip on the arm instead of the chain. Slide a piece of tubing down the chain towards the flapper. Connect the clip to the chain and pull the tubing back up to cover the clip. Make sure tubing diameter is a snug fit so that it doesn't slide down and not so long that it interferes with the movement of the exposed lower chain. Simple and it has been effective for many years.

IMG_2110.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks