treating a well

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
In some rare instances yes. Most folks and guv'mint folks especially, will say YES and twice a year but... I'll caution you plus mention that you use the correct amount and type of chlorine for your well. More is not better and you can use too much and make any problem you're trying to cure worse.

Doing so can cause serious expensive problems with the water quality, pump, power cable, drop pipe, existing water treatment equipment like a softener and RO etc..

So... why are you thinking of shocking your well?

johnapril

Reaction score
Right now we have no problems whatsoever with the well. We have been in the home for 4.5 years and never had to touch it. I was only wondering if we should.

johnapril

Reaction score
Gary Slusser said:
Then IMO, the answer is no. What you should do is have a Coliform bacteria test done 1-2 times per year. You could also test for Nitrates and if they find 5 ppm or more, a test for Nitrite should be done.

Thanks, Gary!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks