TOTO Aquia vs Caroma

Users who are viewing this thread

eliz austen

Reaction score
OK i have been researching toilets - and like the idea of sticking with TOTO i think mainly with some of the gravity assist features of flushing vs the Caroma. we clog our old toilet every other day at a minimum. we don't do hard poos just long ones. 12 inch normal - 1 inch to 2 inch width. eat very healthy. we also are on septic don't know if that plays in to it. one thing in researching i found was that the TOTO Aquia had a 2.5 inch trap. any thoughts on that over the Promenade II. i would pick the drake II but i am partial to the promenade look both the drake and the promenade have the 2 1/8 trap. Aquia hasn't had the best feedback on here and i am OK with the look - but it has a lot of bells and whistles. thoughts ? input? also should i reconsider the Caroma? it just looks like it has the standard gravity flush though. can all homes support the larger traps?

eliz austen

Reaction score
Thank you so all homes can support the larger traps? I wont need any special installation? Do the Caromas have any type of super gravity flush models etc? meaning the bells and whistles that the totos have. thank you

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks