Too much space behind flushometer toilet on a 14" rough

Users who are viewing this thread

Terence

Reaction score
Hi-
I have recently remodeled a bathroom. I got rid of the toilet that was there because it was from a long time ago. I uploaded a picture of what it looked like. That is the one that is in the other bathroom.

My problem is that the (cast iron set in tile) rough in is at 14" to the bolts. I have a 1" supply. I want to keep the flushometer valve in keeping with the look of the prewar apartment. If I use any of the flushometer toilets that are available, the toilet projects too far into the space and could potentially not allow the door of the bathroom to close.

I tried to fit the Gerber 25642. It left a full 10" behind the bowl for the flushometer install. While this is possible, it leaves an awkward space behind the toilet and maybe 1/8" for the door to swing in front of the toilet. Can anyone point me to a bowl that will work with a flushometer, a 14" rough in and will not project any further than 26" from the finished wall? I really dont care if it is top or back spud at this point, I just need something that will fit. Can anyone point me to a place to find "New Old Stock" or even salvage if a new bowl for this application does not fit?

Many thanks in advance for your help and expertise.

Terry

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 729
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
YOur problem is that most flush valve toilets are for a 10" rough, with a very few for 12", (none are 14"), so by definition, you will always have at least 2" extra behind the bowl and more likely 4".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks