Toilet seat wobbly but not because of loose bolts (I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Karldoikus

Reaction score
You will understand my surprise overnight as my very slight 250 pound frame needed to use the bathroom overnight.

I know usually you need to tighten the nuts, but they are solid and don’t even move.

Here is a link to a video of what’s happening:

You can see the part that moves below the standard flap you would normally lift up to then tighten the nut… its that part below it that can be moved and I’m really unsure how to even/where to tighten.

Hoping for some guidance! Thanks!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Link did not work for me.

If the hinges for the seat are sliding in the holes, you could look at adding two or 4 cone washers.

Alternatively, the Bemis toilet seats with the "never loosens" feature work well IMO. I also like the "Easy Clean" feature. I would opt for the Atwood over the Brighton

I would go with Bemis Atwood.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks