Toilet question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rotty20

Reaction score
I have just finished leveling my bathroom floor, sewer line for toilet is sitting approx 1/2 under new floor. That's all okay except the fact that the flange was only sitting on top of the pipe, not down into it nor connected to it in anyway. Has me very sketchy now to put it all back together. Has anyone else seen a flange sit flat on top of the sewer line? Seems to be this would be q leaking point, am I missing something?
This seriously has my brain hurting lol.View attachment 88638View attachment 88639

20221129_140753.jpg20221129_140753.jpg20221129_140617.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
When you take a picture of a toilet soil pipe entrance for posting, it is best to remove the smell-blocking stuff. Before pulling that, you want to vacuum up the loose stuff.

That blue cast iron outside compression flange would require the plywood to be cut to clear the flange. You would also want to measure the OD of that pipe, and you would want to measure how far down from the finished floor the top of that pipe will be.

It is also possible that a Sioux Chief 887-GPM could work if the ID and depth are right.
887-gpm-1.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Interesting... 3.75 is not a common ID. Are you measuring that a few inches down or up near the high area of the black?

If down a few inches, you could have the remnants an "inside" 4-inch-only closet flange, but most of those are made for either inside 4 inch pipe or outside 3 inch pipe. Those would be 3.5 inches ID.

Rotty20

Reaction score
The black part fits good, but doesn't go down as far as I thought it may, the white one does. Was thinking possibly using the black part with a lot of abs cement around it and also down there the tail of the pipe meets with the cast, not sure how well abs will adhere to this, but ill scuff and clean it well and try it out. If im not happy with that ill toss in the white one, only difference between the 2 Is $45 lol

Reach4

Reaction score
I think those inside compression flanges are designed to go inside a 3 inch pipe. A 3 inch pipe is very close to an actual 3.00 inches ID.

Don't worry about using the white one. No gluing going on for this, so no worry mixing PVC and ABS. Do not glue one of these flanges.

Rotty20

Reaction score
You literally just got me in time , notification as i was walking up to the bathroom with abs in hand lol. And im so over thinking everything that i honestly googled closet flange posistiong on floor ‍♂️
20221201_181543.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score

Rotty20

Reaction score

Rotty20

Reaction score
Be dropping down Vinal plank flooring tomorrow, the flange isn't set yet, ive taken in the extra 1/2 " for the Vinal plank and underlay.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks