Suction leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Hardcharger

Reaction score
my shallow pump will pump water but it takes longer to get starting to pump does anyone have any idea for an easy way to find a suction line leak I have a piece of clear tubing on my discharge line and can see a continue line of air bubbles and do not see any signs of water leaks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Usually just replacing the suction line is best. But any connection you can get to can be slathered with foamy shaving cream so you can see where a hole gets sucked in.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
my shallow pump will pump water but it takes longer to get starting to pump does anyone have any idea for an easy way to find a suction line leak I have a piece of clear tubing on my discharge line and can see a continue line of air bubbles and do not see any signs of water leaks
On the suction side you'll never see a leak since when the pump is off, water is going down the well and sucking air from the leak causing a lost of prime. First check any connections top side. Shaving foam is a great suggestion. You can smear Vaseline around each connection to see if the bubbles go away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks