Submersible pump well problem

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by metrogal, Aug 1, 2014.

1. metrogal

metrogal New Member

Aug 1, 2014
    east coast Georgia
    Starting about two months ago the underground sprinkler system started to malfunction. I have checked for water leaks in the system, ohm leaks at the control box and am now to this: water pressure at the house is fine, but I have not turned on all water taps at the same time. when the sprinkler system start up, the well pressure gauge shows 50#, after the system runs for 2/3 min. the pressure gauge starts to fall and shortly thereafter the water pressure/streams start to diminish, the gauge goes the 30, needle jumps and then goes to 20 , at that point I have just gurgles at each of the sprinkler heads. I am concerned the submersible pump is starting to fail.
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Feb 6, 2011
    Information Technology
    NW Ontario, Canada
    It sounds to me like you're running out of water.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Simplepump guy

Simplepump guy New Member

Apr 20, 2015
    I have the exact same problem with my system. Did you get it fixed? If so, what did you do? Thanks.