Strapping for water heater with bottom board

Users who are viewing this thread

Djvtravel914

Reaction score
Just bought a 65gallon heat pump water heater to replace our old one. It will be on concrete floor next to a drain. I’m planning to put it on this foam board. Does it need strapping to the wall? We’re just outside NYC, not an earthquake area and in general none of our water tanks have straps on them. I wasn’t even planning to use a pan as it’s not required and sitting next to a drain. With that said, now one else has a foam board under their water heater either.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8903.png
    IMG_8903.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 38

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can't hurt anything by insulating the base from the concrete. On the Left coast, we do strap, but that is earthquake prep. A pan is a good place to put an alarm that lets you know early if its leaking. Tho a lot of hybrids have leak detection built in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks