Start up noise Heat Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Edward1

Reaction score
My Trane XR13 Heat Pump makes a high pitched noise like bad car breaks at start up and then goes away. The system has been cooling the house fine all summer. Also, two years ago I had 3 pounds of 410-A added to the system. Any idea what could be causing the sound?

Thanks,
Edward

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a bearing or seal that is starting to fail. A seal could account for the loss of refrigerant. The tech is required (I think) by federal regulations to test for leaks, not just add refrigerant when the system is low without identifying how it was lost.

Edward1

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a bearing or seal that is starting to fail. A seal could account for the loss of refrigerant. The tech is required (I think) by federal regulations to test for leaks, not just add refrigerant when the system is low without identifying how it was lost.

Thanks for the info. I will have a tech come look at the system.

Thanks,
Edward

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks