Spring league champions

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jamie and I play rec softball midweek. This year we made the playoffs again, forth seed. I would like to think because Jamie and I missed two games while we were in Canada at the Ski and Snoboard festival at Whistler, BC.
Anyway, last Wednesday we had the playoffs. Jamie bats cleanup in the 4 slot, and since I'm the token old guy on the team at 63, I batted 12th. In the 5th inning, we were down 9 runs. One more run and we get ten runned and lose. We managed to get the out to end the inning, and then came up to bat in the 6th. We went on to win by 6 runs. 30 to 24
Jamie had two home runs, and at least one triple. His triple went opposite field, hitting the top of the fence and then bouncing back into the field of play. We're allowed two home runs a game, so it was an inch away from being an out. I had three hits in the game with one of them a bases loaded triple. That was in the seventh inning. Jamie and I both had six RBI each, and my son-in-law Tommy had four.
It was fun, as we had never won the championship before. The team we beat normally wins. It was funny to be down nine runs and win by six. We play pretty loose.

pitches-be-tripping-champs.jpg

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
That is very cool Terry.

You have way to much fun with your pants up.

You need to watch where you plant those seeds.

Enjoy while you can.

I was a hardball pitcher before I broke a batters arm. It hurt me as much as it did him.

My pitch was fast, But some wild.

I gave it up, But still like the sport.

Those softball pitchers crack me up. I would need a new joint.

The Girls are way cool.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Our pictchers play with masks, and they don't let me play third or short. Too many injuries there.
In junior high we had roller skating at lunch. Kids are kids and I pushed a guy. snapped his arm, and yes I still wish I could have that one back. I never meant to hurt him.
With softball, we remind ourselves that it's only rec, and even after a good game, nobody at work wants to hear the story. We laugh that we can lose by ten, and then win by ten on the same night.

Jamie wants to to MP3 some studio recordings with Jason Grilli. He pictches for the Braves. I need to rip them from WAV files for him.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks