Solar water heaters spain

Users who are viewing this thread

cssolar

Reaction score
Hi every body I am new to the forum, I live in Alicante Spain I import and sell solar water heaters,
I just wonderd what type of swh is most popular in the USA ,
Here we have a very sunny climate with about 300 days or more of good sunshine a year, flat plate compact units are the most popular here, I think that is because they have been about for a while and are well trusted, the units I sell are vacuum tube compact indirect pre heat type they work better in the winter than the flat plate units of the same capacity .
I have a vaccum tube unit fitted to my house and am very pleased with the performance, summer temperature can be up to 96 degrees and winter 65 degrees C

Last edited:

gosolar

Reaction score
Hi there I'm Ellis M.D. of gosolarinspain.com We sell solar water heaters to customers all over mainland Spain. We sell the vacuum tube compact models the same as you do but we only sell the new vented to atmosphere models. The ones with the small assistant tank on top. We are (probably) the number one supplier of solar electric home kits to expats in Spain. Before adding solar hot water heaters to our Spain range we did a great deal of research. We heard so many horror stories from people in Spain who had bought systems which had steam valves instead of vent to atmosphere systems. When buying a solar water heater in Spain because hard water is a problem we strongly recommend you avoid systems which use steam valves to relieve pressure. These systems work OK until the steam valve fails then they often explode. Alternatively they may boil dry and implode when they cool down

cssolar

Reaction score
Hi Ellis , yes I have seen quite a lot of high pressure units with problems, so like you I sell pre heat type units so there is no possibility of over pressurizing the tank as it is vented, In saying that if the relife valve is well maintained a high pressure system should work well, A common problem with vacuum tube units is over heating. ( but I personaly would rather have a swh that over performed than one that under performed )
as the collector can always be covered to reduce performance.
If the swh is not in use ie. if the clients are on holiday mid summer it is advisable to cover the tubes, People forget that a swhs power source is the sun, like any other appliance you should not or would not leave it switched on when you go away on holiday, ie. would you go on holiday and leave a pan boiling on the stove ? We cant switch of the sun, so it is important to block it from entering the collector when not in use for long periods.

With common sence there is no reason why a vacuum tube unit should not give many years of usefull service.

Espana xx1

Reaction score
La Espana del Sigo xx1 is the company based in Costa Del Sol offering the most cost effective Solar Energy saving products such as : Solar water heater ( vented to atmosphere) , Solar Pool Heating, Solar Panels, wind turbines, tracking units ( to optimize the sun's energy), we offer the best possible prices in Spain, we also offer great deals on supply and installation, majority of our solar products can easily be fitted by the do it yourself enthusiast. We also provide the Eco friendly septic tanks, construction and maintenance services. Please visit http://www.espana-xx1.com/ for more details or contact us on (+34) 952936251

cssolar

Reaction score
Hi España xx1

Glad to hear you are selling a similar type solar water heater to me, I think they will become popular in Spain

Good Luck with your sales

Best Regards Tony

cssolar

iason

www.a-s-t.gr solar heat
Reaction score
I want to propose the AST solar water heater with hight efficiency collector.
It works with Ethyl Alcohol. Solar energy heats the Ethyl Alcohol, which in turn evaporates easily due to its low boiling point. The steam which is produced (through the Air Vacuum Piping), is channeled directly into the Exchanger in the Boiler, transferring the heat that it conveys. This way, the steam is vaporized and then returns to the Panels due to its gravity.
I found that for Solar water heater stickers

Last edited:

cssolar

Reaction score
good uses for solar heated water

Hi ,

A good use for solar heated water is to use it to feed your dish washer.
Most dish washers here in Spain are cold feed only, but most can accept pre heated water up to 60 degrees C
( check your hand book )

The use of pre heated water will reduce electric consumption !

One client of mine rigged up his hot tub to use solar heated water which has saved him a load of money !!
also because vacuum tubes can over perform in the summer it acted as a useful heat dump.

Tony cssolar Spain www.cssolar.weebly.com

Last edited:

cssolar

Reaction score
Audary New Energy Spain

audary solar water heater.jpgI am now pleased to be in cooperation with enera

These type of solar water heaters are and have been very popular in China for many years, covering roof tops and are a common sight.

At last solar water heating is more affordable due to Chinas 4000+ manufactures,

As people start accepting solar as an alternative that works and will save huge amounts of money, I am sure in the coming years they will also become as popular in other parts of the world.

Tony www.cssolar.weebly.com www.enerasol.com

Last edited:

cssolar

Reaction score
Now dealing with Enera units

Full range available , non pressure , pre heat , heatpipe and split systems in the Alicante area of Spain

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks