Small tank CSV issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
Mostly a question for Valveman. I have a PK1A setup which works great. However, I did run into a small issue I’m not sure how to solve. Our power went out Sunday and was out for nearly 2 days. I have a generator so I hooked it into my transfer switch. My main concerns were the freezer, fridge and water well. I didn’t want to run the genny constantly, so I monitored the freezer and decided on 3 hours of no genny, and 2 hours of running the genny. This worked great as far as the freezer and fridge. The issue was the water. Because it’s such a small tank (2 gallon I believe, which holds only 1 gallon of water) every time I wanted water, I had to fire up the genny. I was smart enough to fill buckets so it wasn’t as bad as I’m making it sound but the whole time I kept thinking “why didn’t I put a 40 gallon tank in?” Well the reason was space. But now I’m thinking I can make space. Is there a better way to solve this? Maybe a tank in my crawl space (lots of room there) that only gets used in these cases? How would I set that up?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Since you already have the PK1A you can add another tank anywhere you can tee into a waterline. You can even hook one to a hose bibb or faucet with a hose, which can be done just when running on the genset if you like. But a 40 gallon tank only holds 10 gallons of water. I just keep a few buckets for flushing and schedule showers during the same time I'm running the freezer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks