Sioux Chief Laundry OxBox leak

Users who are viewing this thread

SK78

Reaction score
Hello all,

About 5 years ago in a remodel I installed a Laundry OxBox with arrestor (696-G2313XF) which started leaking.

I have it installed with the arrestor facing down and it appears the leak is from the arrestor. When the shutoff is off it keeps leaking.

I pulled the arrestor and tries to add some liquid sealant with the O-ring, but no luck.

The arrestor part is 660-LVS, which I am unable find anywhere. Does anyone have any advice on how to repair this?

Thank you

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I looked at the picture (looks like the box has a bracket in it?), look ar standard valves from another manufacture or standard valves with an add on hammer arrestor . I used to rob valves out of another box but thatll set you back over 50 bucks with tax . You never know Soix chief is a good company maybe not high high end top notch but a great quality company they might just send you a replacement.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I assumed it was non serviceable or changeable I seriously doubt that a standard 1/2inch arrestor will screw right on but I could be wrong . Contact manufacture I suppose and ask if a standard mini arrestor is the fix

SK78

Reaction score
Thanks, this is where my frustration with this started. I actually picked one of these up and they are the wrong thread (too big) and the cylinder is too long, won’t fit the box.

Just putting it here to save the next person from buying one.

Reach4

Reaction score
This might be a good time to call the maker and see if they can provide a replacement part.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
This might be a good time to call the maker and see if they can provide a replacement part.
I told him that in my first 2 posts to call manufacture . unless there is something special about the box and there could be ... Just buy new valve /or valves and install them . or szpend 50 bucks and buy a whole new everything , just depends if getting it done is priority or you can tinker with it . Id like to hear how he attacks it

Fitter30

Reaction score
Down load their catalog page 151 starts their arresters don't see anything smaller than 1/2" thread. phone number last page
Sioux_Chief_Catalog_USDs (1).pdf

SK78

Reaction score
I tried calling yesterday, they are closed for the weekend, and good for them. I will call again on Monday. I posted here thinking it might be a common issue or if someone knows where to get the magic part that is not in their catalog. Thank you all, I’ll update the post as soon as I hear from them, worst case I will order a new box for the parts as suggested.

SK78

Reaction score
I tried calling yesterday, they are closed for the weekend, and good for them. I will call again on Monday. I posted here thinking it might be a common issue or if someone knows where to get the magic part that is not in their catalog. Thank you all, I’ll update the post as soon as I hear from them, worst case I will order a new box for the parts as suggested.
Here is the difference between the 1/2” MIP (left) which is commonly available and what comes out of the boxes (right, with o-ring), again adding the picture to save anyone searching for this in the future from buying the wrong part. (Both are labeled size AA, which clearly does not correspond to the form factor)

Attachments

• 36ACE9BA-86BD-4495-BA01-EBB9F942210D.jpeg
    36ACE9BA-86BD-4495-BA01-EBB9F942210D.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 27

SK78

Reaction score
Here is the update: spoke with George at Sioux … part is non serviceable, they neither have the valve or the arrestor available. Basically have to get a new box.

They have a 3 year warranty on anything with a moving part (piston in arrestor and valve), so there is nothing they will do for me, out of luck buy a new box.

Couple of things, George was very nice about it said to keep my receipt for next time, if it fails in three years they will send a new part for free. All in all a nice but very disappointing discussion.

Keep that in mind before installing one. I’ll be looking for alternatives.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here is the update: spoke with George at Sioux … part is non serviceable, they neither have the valve or the arrestor available. Basically have to get a new box.
If the new box uses the same parts, probably simplest for you to buy a new box and swap out the arrestor to your existing install.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score

They have a 3 year warranty on anything with a moving part (piston in arrestor and valve), so there is nothing they will do for me, out of luck buy a new box.

Couple of things, George was very nice about it said to keep my receipt for next time, if it fails in three years they will send a new part for free. All in all a nice but very disappointing discussion.

Keep that in mind before installing one. I’ll be looking for alternatives.
Well Im very disappointed in them not selling parts I thought they would be better than that. I wouldnt use soix chief again maybe another brand valve will fit the box I just cant tell. Ill tell you though the boxes ive seen dont take special valves but ive never seen that one or used an ox box I thought the idea of screwing a basic male thread hammer arrestors wouldnt happen .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks