Shower story, what were they thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My client asked me to reuse her old faucet that she tore out of her old house in her new bathroom. I told her I would not and was against code as well as missing parts and a liability for myself. After I roughed in her new single handle with handheld, rain head, and shower head as well as a tub spout, which I got paid for, she proceeded to call a recommended handy man who cut all my work out and said he could make this pos work for her. To which the union nut split on him. And flooded the basement. Sometimes you win and make the right judgment, and the customer is most definitely not always right. On the plus side now that my work has been tampered with my warranty is now voided permanently and I’ve since refused to go back.

J. Bucci

shower-valve-bucci.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, what were they thinking. As plumbers, we like installing new, "to code" plumbing. It's too bad they took out your work, and then installed this old faucet that flooded their basement.

My last handyman story involved a toilet install where he used the wrong seal at the wall and then didn't adjust the chain on the flapper. I was able to explain to Pam how the adjustment was made and now her toilet functions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks