Shower leaking - I suspect diverter but not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

dnl999

Reaction score
So I tried all but Reach's last suggestion. At first I thought I was gold - plugged up the diverter by hand, showerhead off, no leak. Replaced the shower arm and repeated, no leak. Put the new diverter on and changed the o-ring, no leak. Added the showerhead - leak.

I had one of those cheapo boroscope type cameras but couldn't get a good look at where the leak came from because it kept dying on me, but I think it was on the pipe coming up to the elbow for the shower arm.

Hello, I am curious whether you finally found out exactly where the leak was on your shower line because I have the same problem. As soon as the water pressure build up from the shower diverter there is a leak whenever shower is on. Like you mentioned I am thinking it must be between the diverter to the shower head elbow. It seems that I will have cut a hole behind the wall to troubleshoot but your finding/experience will definitely help. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks