Chanel

Reaction score
7D3ADBAB-6748-4924-93A2-24B23C89CD7F.jpeg
F0E38BCF-CDE9-4E6C-B343-8875FB71A20B.jpeg
73873F8A-81D1-4237-B0B0-8A66222BF7A6.jpeg
3770003C-378F-4507-BE91-4A6EADEACE6A.jpeg
917465AB-1647-492E-9213-D4C5A485D8A9.jpeg

Hello,

Someone changed the shower head setting to ‘massage’ and now I cannot change it back to ‘spray’. The face of the head which I believe you are supposed to turn is stuck. Furthermore, there is a gap between two parts of the shower head where water leaks through (which may or may not be related to the stuck turn-thing issue). I’ve attached some clarifying images. I’ve already tried forcing the face to turn and the gap to shut with no luck.

I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you,
Chanel

Reach4

Reaction score
You could try soaking the head in vinegar or CLR or something, but usually you would just get a new shower spray.

You would unscrew where you see the white tape that is closer to the wall. If the new shower spray has a rubber gasket inside where it screws to the shower arm, then no tape.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks to me that someone dropped the thing, and it has partially come apart. No idea how that thing comes apart or how easy it may be to get it back together. Often, they're a snap fit and not meant to come apart. If, on the face, in the middle, you can pop a cover off, there may be a screw. But, be prepared for parts to spring out all over. May not happen. The things are not generally repairable, so it's probably best to pick up a new one.

You could try rocking the rotating part a bit while pushing to see if you can snap it back, but there may be something inside that has moved, and that won't happen. At this point, I suppose you wouldn't be out much, but I think a replacement is in your future.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks