Shower flange below concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnDIY

Reaction score
Im remodeling walk in shower, and tore everything out, including old rubber pan liner which was set directly on concrete slab, ie no slope, then mud on top of rubber liner to create slope.

Ive discovered the drain flange is set below the concrete slab, ie the Subfloor, the house is built on a slab, and the flange is also not level to the floor, so it’s both below the concrete floor and tilted 1/4 inch from one side to the other.

Does the flange need to be reset, ie chip out all the concrete, cutoff and re glue new flange and place 1/4 above floor, or can I just start by laying down the mud and sloping to the point of the old flange which is below the concrete. In other words, since it is already the low point, am I just making work for myself, plus running the risk of shattering old PVC, working in super tight space, etc. or can I just start with a new sloping mud bed to the old flange. I’m only asking because everywhere on the internet, the flange lip is supposed to be at or above the subfloor, not below.

I tried to attach single photo, but server said it was too big to process.

Reach4

Reaction score
Shrink the photo to 1000 pixels or less, and make it a JPEG. 600 pixels is usually enough.

JohnDIY

Reaction score
Here’s the photo I wanted to attach

E3DF9CC5-B337-44D3-8838-352723340A1D.jpeg

JohnDIY

Reaction score
im going to try the FLOFX product, I’ve seen a couple of tile guys on you tube, explained it and installed it, and I think it will do the trick. One of the product coincidental by products is that raises the flange height, and that exactly what I need to get it out of the hole that it is in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks