Shower Cartridge Identification Book

Users who are viewing this thread

bmPlumbingHeating

In the Trades
Reaction score
First Post Here, not sure if I'm supposed to make an introduction. Licensed Red Seal Plumber for 16 years, have Gas License, have worked new construction, but have done service for the last 9 years. Our parts guy has suddenly quit and has taken all of his knowledge with him and been having a difficult time figuring out faucet cartridges' and what not, in a timely matter.

I'm wondering if there is a book with hundreds of shower cartridges, thermostatic ones, made by smaller companies such as Aquabrass, Riobel, Cleveland, Sayco, ones that are identified by millimeter, generic ones that fit many Chinese valves.?

I have several books already by Brass Craft, and Faucet Doctor. Is there others out there, that I can print off and look at in the field. ?

Thanks.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey there , Good to see a plumber from the great north . a lot of Canada plumbing problems on here and code questions are a bit foreign for many of us, looked into pipe fitting in Alberta 5 or 7 years ago never went.
Good question on the books there is a wizz on here from down south named Marlinman maybe he has tips?
I don't know if they do introductions or check them but welcome you!

bmPlumbingHeating

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, there was lots of jobs back in 2013 and I almost went myself, I even took a required H2S alive course for cold weather training, was going to go to Fort Mac, glad I didn't. Thanks for the tip about Marlinman.

DimonD

Reaction score
First Post Here, not sure if I'm supposed to make an introduction. Licensed Red Seal Plumber for 16 years, have Gas License, have worked new construction, but have done service for the last 9 years. Our parts guy has suddenly quit and has taken all of his knowledge with him and been having a difficult time figuring out faucet cartridges' and what not, in a timely matter.

I'm wondering if there is a book with hundreds of shower cartridges, thermostatic ones, made by smaller companies such as Aquabrass, Riobel, Cleveland, Sayco, ones that are identified by millimeter, generic ones that fit many Chinese valves.?

I have several books already by Brass Craft, and Faucet Doctor. Is there others out there, that I can print off and look at in the field. ?I went through several training courses, but the knowledge that was taught to us was of the same type and was mainly related to the equipment of the new standard. I am partially helped by online libraries studying free writing samples GradesFixer.com I find the information I need. But there is no forum and I can not communicate and exchange experiences. Therefore, I hope that on this site I will find the best advice.

Thanks.
If you find similar books, please write links to them here. I now live in a small town and unfortunately there is very little technical literature in the city library.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The TMS app is on the right side of this page.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks