Shower base install issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Felix

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for advice. Want to install a standard shower base which is 60” x 32”. The issue is that the bare studs of the bathroom are only 59 1/2” apart. What’s the best way to approach this install to fit the base?

Cheers,

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just had same issue last week it wasn't as tight but I notched the stud on the far side from valve down low notched about 3/8 inch deep with Hole Hawg a drill bit and chisel the second I notched higher like around a foot high and the third less like 8 inches high. Not that big a deal you may want to notch both ends so you can split the difference when you have pan installed you can sister on a 2 ft high block to the proper amount for the nailing of hardie or backer board .
Pretty basic a 1/2 inch notch isn't going to hurt a thing if your notch isn't perfect no worry because your sistering on that nailer. mine turned out great

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks