Should I send her family gifts on holidays? Advice please

Users who are viewing this thread

ben12

Reaction score
The holiday season is here and I’m planning on sending a gift to my girlfriend in Cuba. She doesn’t know anything about it so I’m quite excited for my surprise. While discussing this with a friend, he asked why I wasn’t sending gifts to her family too. It made me wonder if I should send something for them. He said it’s going to be really impressive and will give me a rapport to them.

My girlfriend and I have been together for two years now. They know and support our relationship which is actually really nice of them. We met at LoveMe and I’ve been happier since she came into my life. I once visited her in Havana and her family welcomed me with open arms. This is why I was also considering sending them holiday presents. A simple gesture of gratitude, you know.

I’m just worried, though, that if I start sending them gifts they would already expect me to send something in all occasions. Also, I don’t have any idea what to get them. Sure, I can get a bottle of drink for her dad and something girly for her mom, but what about her siblings?

Another worry that I have in mind is that if giving them gifts would make me look arrogant in their eyes. Are Cubans okay with receiving gifts? I’m just being cautious since some people think that receiving gifts from a daughter’s girlfriend would interpret it as a way for us to buy their daughter’s affection or their own blessing. I need an advice on this.

Trump the Plumber

Reaction score
Do they have good golf courses there? I would go golfing there and write them great letters about the great times you had. That would make them happy for you and very proud to be red blooded Cubans. Give them the gift of pride in themselves.

Toiletive

Reaction score
Love is really great.

I would advice that you get you girlfriend a gift but about the parent, it is best to get them something when you go visiting but ensure you speak with them over the phone.

Do not set a precedence you cannot keep, they like you already so do not blow it.

You realy do not know what kind of gift they may want, do you?

Goodluck mate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks