Shop bathroom with washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Avdey1984

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m adding a new bathroom with washer and dryer in my shop. I’ve attached the drawing. Washer first then vanity then toilet last is shower. Where should I place wet venting. I was thinking at the lav? But not sure if I need to add one more where the shower at. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• '.jpeg
    '.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 56

GReynolds929

Reaction score
If on UPC you cannot wet vent other fixtures with the bathroom group. washing machine would need it's own vent.

Avdey1984

Reaction score
Okay so I could vent the washer and lav separately? I guess I had a question vent at lav is enough for the toilet not to siphon the shower cause it’s last.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Washer needs to be the most downstream connection and will have it's own vent

The most upstream fixture in the bathroom group needs a dry vent. So you have two vents that tie together and pennatrate the roof with a boot. Best practice would be (from lowest to highest) washer, toilet, shower, lav.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Your washer needs to connect before the bathroom not after. The shower is also unvented.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep. If you wanted the shower back where it was you could use a 2" wye and split off from the lavatory drain. Also you don't need that extra 3" pipe from the toilet to the lav, that can be 2".

But what you have is good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks