Shallow well sputtering air.

Users who are viewing this thread

jl43558

Reaction score
I have a new k2 3/4 hp pump which replaced a red lion 3/4. The old pump was running great no sputtering or other issues until a cold spell (6 days at 10 deg.) The old pump lost prime for some reason and binded. I replaced it with a new one and now I'm getting air in the lines. It's holding prime but it takes quite a while to reach cut off which I lowered to 40psi. I'm wondering if I have small suction leak or a dry well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A suction leak is the most likely problem. Probably right where plastic pipe screws into the pump, as that connection starts leaking after the pump gets hot. That pump will get hot because of the kind of controller it has. Those "tankless" controllers are designed to separate customers from their hard earned money as often as possible. Even the Red Lion could not have been very old. Get a good shallow well jet pump and eliminate the cycling with a Cycle Stop Valve and it will last so long you will forget you even have a pump system.

Shallow Well Pump with PK1A.png

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks