Shallow Well Pump Identification

Users who are viewing this thread

hunidollawill

Reaction score
I am looking for this shallow well water pump or one close to it. Most pumps I can find have the water pick up / suction part in the middle and not the bottom like this green one. Thank you for any help!
IMG_20230914_101946.jpg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Looks like a sampling or monitoring pump. But I see all kinds of stuff being used as well pumps these days. Looks like the diameter would allow a 3" submersible. 4" would be much less expensive but the 3" SQ pumps last a long time.

hunidollawill

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. If you could tell me where I could order a replacement from, I would be very grateful. Most pumps I'm seeing on eBay have the water intake in the middle like they are supposed to lay down horizontal or go deep. I need a pump with the intake on the bottom.

Reach4

Reaction score
I need a pump with the intake on the bottom.
Why? What diameter is available?

The Franklin C1 cistern pump has its intake near the bottom, but the price or diameter might not meet your unstated criteria.

Last edited:

hunidollawill

Reaction score
Sorry for failing to provide that information.
I asked my friend a close guess and he said; "The diameter is 3 3/4- 3 7/8" I.D." The Franklin C1 pump looks like a possible replacement. This is to pump water for a cabin in the woods to the sinks. I would love to see other options besides the Franklin C1.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have the ID in the casing, a "3 inch" (actually 2.9 inches) 1/2 HP Grundfos SQ pump would be very nice. This pump is easier to power from a small generator.

Even tho the intake is in the middle, if bottom fed, the water flows along the motor, and cools it.

hunidollawill

Reaction score
If you have the ID in the casing, a "3 inch" (actually 2.9 inches) 1/2 HP Grundfos SQ pump would be very nice. This pump is easier to power from a small generator.

Even tho the intake is in the middle, if bottom fed, the water flows along the motor, and cools it.
Okay great. I fount the Franklin C1 for about $400. I found the Grundfos for about $900. The C1 is closer to our price range, but honestly cheaper than that would be even better. This pump won't be used everyday.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks