Sewage Pressure Drain Transition to 3"?

Users who are viewing this thread

PapaDisco

Reaction score
I'm installing a sewage pump system in an existing (but unused) basin that drains a bath and kitchen in a basement. Total lift is 12' from basin floor.

The typical pipe diameter in these systems is 2", and it will eventually tie into an existing 3" DWV pipe after a 20' horizontal run that will be pitched 1/4"/foot. When should I transition from 2" to 3"? As soon as the pipe goes from vertical to horizontal? Or as late as possible? Often when you transition smaller diameter, pressurized, pipes to larger diameters you create a racket as the pressure is released. What's a good way to avoid said racket?

I have another sump, for under slab drainage, that pumps via an 1 1/2" DWV pipe and at the point where it connects to a 3" drain collecting downspout water and running further (3" diameter) for ultimate discharge, it makes a wicked racket as the pressurized water is released into the bigger pipe. This noise machine is outside of the house, but the future sewage discharge system is inside, so would like to keep that system as quiet as possible!