Rusted well cap/seal

Users who are viewing this thread

imsobored152

Reaction score
Good morning

I recently cleared out some over grown plants and discovered the remains of a well/sprinkler set up.
I would like to revive it, would love to have sprinklers.
I do not know anything about the well, if its even viable any more. I wanted to check the depth of the well, and see if theres any water in it, but I cant seem to get the cap/seal off. The nut on top is 3/4 gone, hit it with the lawn mover on accident, and it seems to be rusted closed.
Attempted to wd40 it up (pb blaster is next), and hit it with a crow bar and hammer to try and get it to turn, no go.
Any ideas how to get it off? Im not sure where it goes when it U turns it back into the ground, I assume it 90s somewhere down below and goes over to 1 of several PVC pipes a few feet away.

20160423_113802_zpssylpofmx.jpg

imsobored152

Reaction score
Ok dug it out a bit more. Pulled out some broken chunks of cement I presume. Had a pipe shaped indent along it. But the other does u turn it back underground about a foot then 90s towards the house then back up. Where the metal meets pvc is broken. Still cant get that cap ontop off. Ill try some heat eventually when i can get a torch.

20160429_150523_zpsadggfaor.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Gotcha... I was thinking I might have seen some brass color, and was hoping a magnet would not stick to it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks