Rinnai RUC98IN vs RUR98IN

Users who are viewing this thread

DR-DEATH

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a quote to install a RUR98IN on demand system from Rinnai. The quote is fully installed at $3500 and then qualifies for an $800 rebate from my gas company bringing it down to $2700.

I was originally looking at the RUC98in which sells for $1285 while the RUR sells at $1729. The quote is a little high than I wanted to be and am confused on why the RUR was chosen over the RUC. Looking at the stats on each unit they are the same other than it looks like the RUR has a recirculation pump built in, and isolation valves.

"These new Ultra Series condensing tankless water heater models, RUR98i and RUR98e, feature recirculation (with or without a dedicated recirculation line) provided by thermal bypass technology which includes an integrated pump, internal bypass line and thermal bypass valve which means less wait time for hot water."

Is that the only difference and is an extra $400 worth it? I don't mind having to wait a little longer for hot water.

Also, does that ball park quote seem fair and reasonable?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My incoming cold water in winter after a cold spell has been measured at 33-degrees. It's a bit late in the season to measure yours now, but Nashua is often warmer than many places in NH. Have you run the numbers to see if it will provide the hot water you think it will? They sound great, and can work well in some situations, but not all of them. Depends somewhat on your expectations and actual needs. Without a realistic maximum gpm hot water need and how cold your incoming water is, it's all a guess.

Read this...

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/tankless-wh-by-the-numbers.62457/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks