Replacing old wall mount toilet - weird flange

Users who are viewing this thread

sberfield

Reaction score
I am replacing a 56 year old American Standard wall hung toilet and the flange in the wall is unlike what I am used to. It sits proud of the wall about 1/2" and it's sort of funnel shaped. The old toilet had a wax ring for a seal, which amazingly didn't leak. I got a dense neoprene ring but there is no way I can compress it enough to get the toilet flush to the wall. Are there other options?
1000001864 (1).jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take a look at the " fernco fts3 " they have a couple others I belive but this will get you close . stole the Idea of this flange seal from another guy another very similar thread couple days ago . if you look at bottom of page for similar threads the topic was "my plumber cant find a replacement brass horn to hang my toilet help!"

sberfield

Reaction score
Take a look at the " fernco fts3 " they have a couple others I belive but this will get you close . stole the Idea of this flange seal from another guy another very similar thread couple days ago . if you look at bottom of page for similar threads the topic was "my plumber cant find a replacement brass horn to hang my toilet help!"
Thanks will take a look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks