Reliance 310C transfer switch circuit not working

Users who are viewing this thread

vdotmatrix

Reaction score
310C transfer switch

I installed a Reliance 310C transfer switch which has in the A&B position a double pole breaker which I replaced with (2) 20a breakers to use as separate circuits through the main load panel .

BUT, when I replace these breakers, the A circuit, which powers the Frig, will not energize. all the other circuits light up like a charm....

I replaced the breaker on the main load panel...I think there is a problem in the transfer switch .

Any ideas?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Would have to see a wiring diagram for the switch.

upload_2016-3-3_9-1-31.png

Are you tying to run off a generator ?

Good Luck.

vdotmatrix

Reaction score
I called reliance and they instructed me to open the switch compartment to fiddle with the switch and when i did i saw the issue, red wire got pulled and and switch wasn't wired -all is well now..... thanks

DonL

Reaction score
I called reliance and they instructed me to open the switch compartment to fiddle with the switch and when i did i saw the issue, red wire got pulled and and switch wasn't wired -all is well now..... thanks

I like a simple fix. :)

Enjoy.

DonL

Reaction score
That is something we could have NEVER have diagnosed without being there.

I would have had it apart to take a Look See.

A lot of stuff is assembled in a piss poor manner. It does not hurt to check their work.

I void the warranty ASAP to do a QC check. Some stuff should have never left the factory. :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks