Rash of bad square D presure switches

Users who are viewing this thread

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else has gotten more than a few bad square d pressure switches. We always use the ones that have the little shut off handle M1 (not the low pressure cut off variety). It seems that the contacts themselves are getting out of alignment and also the coating used on the contacts is not as good as it once was and burning up prematurely.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've used Merrills, Bosharts, Square D's...they're all junk compared to what you could get 10 yrs ago.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I tried another brand awhile back, boshart I think. Have one on my personal well 5 years. Others didn't make it a year. Still have a few.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's too bad...... I see older pressure switches with the Jesus clips holding the contact plates on, I want to change it, but I know the new one won't go but a few years before the diaphram leaks or the contacts fall off.

Sadly, it represents just about everything you buy theses days.

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
I had major issues with Square D with the diaphragm leaking. Two brand new wells right next door to each other and both had leaks. Needless to say I looked like a idiot. I also had trouble a couple years ago with the adjustment for the high end.
We have a lot of 115 volt pumps around here and for some reason Merrill switches disfigure on the load side. So to end my trouble with that junk I've changed to Furnas aka Hubble. Not one problem in 2 years.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks