Questions about solar heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Kalix

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am hoping to add a solar water heating system to my home which is in Tennessee. Its an older home made in the 70s. Right now I just leave my old hot water heater (which is in my half basement) off and I only use cold water. But I'd like to have hot water with a solar heater. I found out about the Chinese non pressurized systems with the tank at the top with all the tubes angling downward, that you put on a roof, in the yard, etc. I'm just one person at my home so I don't need a huge system but it would be nice to take a hot shower once in a while. The biggest obstacle for me is if there is a simple way to hook up the water to and from the solar water heater, to my house's water pipes. Is there an easy way to do this? For example, I have a big 2nd story porch that gets good sun which is just outside my kitchen window. Is there a way to hook it into my hot water pipe under the sink or some other way? I was thinking that if I couldn't figure a way then maybe I'd make an outdoor shower with a passive solar tank on top. But I'd much rather find a way to get the hot water inside the house. Any advise appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks