Quality of EPC copper fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Patriot

Reaction score
I recently switched supply houses and the new supply house carries EPC fittings. I have noticed a huge difference between these EPC fitting and the Nibco and Muller fittings that i used to get from the previous supply house. The EPC Tee's have very deep, pronounced lines on the sides from the process they use to wrot the fittings. On the larger fittings, these lines also appear as deformations on the inside of the Tees and I am wondering if they can cause increased turbulance. On the 3/4" and 1/2" the insides dont appear to be deformed, just the outside. The Nibco and Muller fittings are smooth. Secondly, the EPC fittings have a dull mottled look, they are not bright copper like the Nibco and Muller so I wonder if Elkhart uses a different type of copper to make their fittings. I have used many other fittings in the past which were tarnished from age and that never bothered me as it never took any longer to clean than the bright new fittings, but these EPC fittings are more than just tarnished. Strangely, the 1/2" fittings are not really dull, they have a pinkish pickled look like they were cleaned somehow. The counter guy says thats how they always look. Any thoughts on EPC fittings? They are made in the US and I'm probably just overthinking this. They seem to fit fine, no dimensional issues. By the way, these are solder fittigns, not press fittings. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Jm66208

Reaction score
I'd find & call your local Rep. It's at least start with that. Being made in the USA means nothing any more other than you are supporting a US company. If you don't get any satisfaction from your rep, and nobody on this forum has anything, switch back. Let us know if you find anything.

DirtyJerz

Reaction score
Digging up this decade-old thread as it's the second result on Google for Nibco vs. Elkhart.

SupplyHouse.com seems to only stock the latter. HD in my area stocks their Everbilt brand with NIBCO parts. Ferguson is mostly a Nibco shop.

SH prices are quite a bit lower than both. Some of the reviews complain about quality, apparently the EPC parts are lighter.

The Nibco tees I got from HD locally have similar lines on the outside though they are not particularly deep.

Anyone else want to chime in with more recent data points?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks